JOB TITLE: Operations Director – Germany & Poland
Dimensions: appr. € 175 Mio
FAMILY: General Management
JOB REPORTS TO: EVP Branded Consumer Europe
In conjunction with the EVP Europe provide strategic direction and operating framework whilst effectively managing the units‘ senior management teams and integrating five business units. Ensuring human and capital resources are utilized, developed and integrated to optimum levels to meet company objectives, satisfy customer requirements and achieve sustainable levels of profitability.
– Manage effective short-term business planning and forecasting in line with divisional strategy/goals, and establish objectives with employees in support of these plans in order to achieve current year profit targets whilst ensuring sustainable longer-term growth and profitability.
– Assist in defining divisional/business strategy and medium-long term plans to ensure that products and service offerings match existing and emerging market needs and the achievement of business returns in line with the company’s strategic goals.
– Ensure that the internal sales function across the business units maintain effective and profitable relationships with existing customers, thereby achieving organic growth targets whilst still developing a healthy portfolio of new business opportunities; personally participating in major negotiations/discussions as required.
– Ensure that the manufacturing and site management processes of the units employ best practice techniques to achieve maximum operational efficiency and sustained improvements in quality, service and operating costs, thereby matching continual increases in customer expectations and also securing adequate returns on investment.
– Establish consistency in operating standards and an awareness/compliance with safety, health and environmental legislation and Group policy.
– Ensure that the business units adopt and develop business IT and commercial systems, which improve the service offering to customers and maximises efficiency and margin opportunities.
– Ensure that the financial controls and reporting practices within the business units meet Group standards and legal requirements whilst providing reliable and incisive information to assist the professional management of the business.
– Ensure that the cell procurement function maintains effective relationships with suppliers and achieves a level of performance, which matches chosen benchmarks and indices.
– Develop and agree overall labour and capital plans for the business units, varying such plans as necessary to ensure that these valuable resources are fully utilised and developed to match changing market circumstances and provide the foundation for profitability
Educational and Professional:
– Graduate calibre
– First degree (preferably in a technical/Business discipline)
– Business/Professional Qualification or programme
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
– Minimum 5 -10 years broad experience within a General management /Ops Director level position
– Minimum 2-3 years’ experience within a general management / Ops Director level position covering multiple site locations
– Experience of business reorganisation and integration
– Experience of managing centralized functions with associated cost controls/benefits
– Experience of management within an unionized manufacturing environment
– Knowledge of good manufacturing practice (GMP)
– Evidence of having effectively managed significant change
– Evidence of employing negotiating and consultation skills effectively
– Awareness of current Safety, Health, Environmental and Employment, legislation
– Understanding of internal/external customer/supplier relationships
– Understanding of Information Systems and their employment within a business and value in offering consolidated information for integrated businesses
– Business and commercial awareness/exposure
– Leadership I people management skills
– Presentation I communication skills
– Numerical/ verbal reasoning skills at management norm
– Financial management/business dynamics
– Fluent speaking and writing in English and German (Polish language skills a further benefit)
– Conceptual thinking
– Strategic thinking
– Strategic influencing
– Results focused
– Concern for standards
– People development
Personal- und Managementberatung GmbH
Düsseldorfer Strasse 19
Tel.: +49 (0) 2162 890 8 333
Fax: +49 (0) 2162 890 8 331
Mobil: +49 (0) 172 250 33 21